You've reached the blog where I will post my experiences from my solo backpacking trip through Europe in a total of 15 days. I hope you get some good information from this site. Don't hesitate to get in touch and post about your own experiences!


Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Light reading...

So I picked up a couple books on European travel this past weekend and started reading them on yesterday's flights to California: Europe from a Backpack and Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door (chuckles all around). Steves' book isn't bad, especially when it comes to unknown and "off-the-beaten-paths" things to see and do in Europe. I remember having to watch boring PBS videos of this guy back in middle school and high school language classes. While he's still out-of-touch with the 25-and-under crowd, I'll defiantly utilize his travel tips. That's where the second book comes in. Written by young backpackers, the authors share their stories and experiences from a variety of towns, some of which we'll be visiting.

No comments: