You've reached the blog where I will post my experiences from my solo backpacking trip through Europe in a total of 15 days. I hope you get some good information from this site. Don't hesitate to get in touch and post about your own experiences!


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Open Thread: Which backpack to use?


It's the age old question. What backpack do you travel to Europe on? Post any thoughts in the comments section. Hopefully we can help other travelers! I spent months planning for my trip and deciding what the perfect size was for me. You can read about some of my initial thoughts on what to pack as well. I ended up going with a North Face Terra 30. I was on the fence and actually purchased a 60L backpack only to determine it was going to be too big. I looked at 40L and then found my sweet spot in a 30L. I was backpacking for just over two weeks and that size worked perfectly for my trip. What size do you plan on taking?

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey, My boyfriend and I are planning a back packing trip for this summer. We are planning on traveling around for 2 months. I wanted to know how easy it was to use your iphone.. Was there a lot of free wifi? or wifi available? I actually don't have an iphone yet, but because we aren't planning every detail we are looking for something that can help us navigate and search for things.
Your trip sounds awesome!

Ryan Birk said...

I actually used my iPhone. I bought a 50MB data plan from AT&T and watched it with the AT&T app so I never went over. All of the countries I went to worked perfect and I had coverage. I just used it sparingly. wifi was not an issue at all, there were hotspots all over just as there are in the US! Have a good time on your trip!! Where are you going?