You've reached the blog where I will post my experiences from my solo backpacking trip through Europe in a total of 15 days. I hope you get some good information from this site. Don't hesitate to get in touch and post about your own experiences!


Wednesday, June 3, 2009

iPhone / Twitter application for travelers.


Just a quick post, but one of my co-workers mentioned this iPhone application to me today. It is called TwitterLoc.

From the site:
A nice freebee, based on the same map code as all the streetmaps on this site, except the map is fetched live over the internet, no part of the map is self-contained. This application allows you to send messages to Twitter.com containing your location information, like this:


Also, if you are doing any traveling and want to download full maps of where you are going without wasting the precious mobile data plan, I'd recommend checking out his city maps. They load much faster and you don't have to pull from Google Maps all the time. You can also pinpoint where you are on the map and get nearest points of interest.

Hopefully this will keep everyone back home at ease. All they need is this site URL. :)

No comments: