You've reached the blog where I will post my experiences from my solo backpacking trip through Europe in a total of 15 days. I hope you get some good information from this site. Don't hesitate to get in touch and post about your own experiences!


Saturday, June 6, 2009

London: Quick Post Day 1

I've got like five minutes to post but I made it to London. Hopped on the tube like a pro when I arrived this morning and made it to central London 15 minutes shy of the walking tour I wanted to go on. It was great! I saw Big Ben, Westminster Abby, Sting (the musicians) house, cruised down the Thames and saw a ton more that I don't have time to mention right now. I'll upload pictures later.

I'm drinking a Zywiec beer right now (seems kind of weak frankly) and about to go hunt down some fish and chips.

I've got another day in London and then I head to Amsterdam via ferry on the English Channel. This time change is a bit rough but I'll manage. I should have it out of my system if I stay up tonight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty jealous here, although as soon as I get back from Tucson I will be headed to Key West- just me and Dawn. Make sure to have a Queen's Pint for me, it's not official unless you hold it up and proclaim "this ones for Mikey!"

Ryan Birk said...

I'm drinking an Imperial Pint right this very minute. Apparently a Queens and an Imperial pint are just anything 20oz.

Anonymous said...

Check the calories on those Imperial Pints. We don't want to see some fat guy when you come home. Ha! Gramps!